Bigwhite Snowcross

angryturtle

Bigwhite Snowcross

Postby angryturtle » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:15 pm

Not exactly outside of the Okanagan but I could not think of any other place on this forum to put it.

Where was everybody Dec. 6? It was left to the angry turtle to defend the reputations of the Okanagan British Car Club all by itself amongst 24 mostly Subies, many with studded tires. I was beat by a modified rally Subi with studded tires and the BC TSD rally champion in a WRX with Yokohama A034 winter race tires (no they where not Hoosiers). Not bad for a 4000 pound lowered grocery-getter on stiff springs and Toyo Garit Kx snow tires running in 8 inches of fresh falling powder.

[url]http://bigwhiterally.com/snowx[url]
Does refusing to go to the gym count as resistance training? :?

Brain

Re: Bigwhite Snowcross

Postby Brain » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:16 pm

Well....I don't really have a rally car :(

Their advertising must suck more than ours....I never heard a word about it this year

See23

Postby See23 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:29 pm

I've been to that event twice in the past years. Once in the bent banana rally car and then in the GTR (don't tell the guy that bought it).
Both times the guys who set up the course had run it before everyone else did and turned it into an ice rink on which they had all the practice time.
Not really fair and turned me off ever going again. ...sorry to say.
It is what it is and it ain't what it ain't.

angryturtle

Postby angryturtle » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Well, Brian, there was a guy there in a lowered RX7. He did need a push off the line sometimes. They had a 2 wheel drive class. Might be better in a rear engined Beatle than a Miata, though.

It was snowing hard and there was 8" of power. They had run the course a couple of times but it was still good initially. After 3 runs it was pretty icy. You just have to make the first runs count.

autoschmidt

Postby autoschmidt » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:50 am

I have no excuse for not showing up. The civic would have done wonders in the powder. I'm glad at least one OBCC member could make it. It's a bit of a shame the car wasn't red though. I suppose the noise the turtle bellows makes up for its lack of redness. ;)

angryturtle

Postby angryturtle » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:21 pm

It was snowing so hard, all the cars where white :) From the time I lined up to the time I got to go I had a quarter inch of snow on the car. I am sure the extra weight and air resistance didn't slow me too much on the 60 second course.

Return to “Autocross Outside the Okanagan”